H
Posted By
happywaffle
Nov 11, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been completely unsuccessful at getting any version of Photoshop to launch (in Rosetta, obviously) on my new MacBook. 7 and CS quit on launch; I couldn’t even run the installer for CS2!

I’m running 10.4.8, everything up-to-date on the computer. I confirmed the issue in a new user, and tried again after deleting every Adobe or Photoshop-related preference or folder from ~/Library and /Library. Other Rosetta apps like Microsoft Office are launching normally.

Anyone got any clue? I can post the crash report if it would help…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Nov 12, 2006
How much RAM do you have?
AW
Allen_Wicks
Nov 12, 2006
Laptops have always been poor PS platforms, and the MacBook is the low end of Apple’s current laptops. Intending pro graphics apps on low end laptops is very sketchy.

That said, PSCS2 should work OK if you max out the MacBook at its 2 GB maximum possible RAM, and make sure all other apps, – especially Aperture which gobbles about a GB – are shut down when you install PS. MacIntels, like every previous new generation, utilize more RAM than earlier generations.
H
happywaffle
Nov 12, 2006
I have 2 GB RAM and can run other intensive apps pretty decently (couple of Rosetta games, Aperture). A lack of RAM certainly shouldn’t cause the dang CS2 *installer* to quit on launch. And part of the benefit of testing a new user is knowing that there’s no apps running in the background or anything. So I really think there’s a software cause here. Thanks for the suggestions though–

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections