Posted By
HairFarm
Jul 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Greetings,

My version of PS 6.0 will crash right when the splash screen is loading its components when it gets to "Loading Font List" It will crash right after that message. Then PS6.0 throws up an error message in its own window that says:

"Unable to continue because of a hardware error or system error. Sorry, but this error is unrecoverable"

Then the program just quits back to finder.

This leads me to believe that it is a font issue. I have only 6 basic trutype fonts in my font folder:
Charcoal
Chicago
Geneva
Georgia
Monaco
New York

I have also trashed the PS6.0 prefs, turned off my Suitcase extentions, ATM, even dragged over another copy of PS6.0 from aonther machine, and it still crashes. Which leads me to believe that it is not a PS6.0.issue, but a system issue.

I am running OS9.2.2 natively. And have no fonts open other than the 6 I’ve already mentioned. I’ve also tried to restart with base extentions on and still no luck.

Any suggestions?

I’ve also ran the built-in mac utilty "Disk First Aid" and it says everything is ok with my directory.

hmm…

Any suggestions?

thanks,

Hairfarmer

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Jul 1, 2004
Try applying the 6.0.1 upgrade. Then look for an extension conflict, insufficient or bad RAM, insufficient available disk space, a corrupted OS installation, a bad drive, cables, connections, etc.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 1, 2004
Do a search for "AdobeFnt." and trash every one of them except for "AdobeFnt.db"
B
Buko
Jul 2, 2004
Oh the joys of OS9.
NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 3, 2004
Unable to continue because of a hardware error or system error

Sounds like a hardware error or a problem with an OS component that interfaces with PS6.

Neil

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections