T
Posted By
trecoolchick
Aug 4, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Adobe Photoshop CS3 and an Epson Stylus PHOTO 1400 printer and Mac OS X 10.5.4.

When I print a photo it comes out with excessive ink which smears very easily and has lines in it. It only does it in Photoshop. When I print from any other program it comes out fine. I’ve seen reviews online where people have printed from Macs and photoshop onto the printer and it worked. I’ve already contacted Epson, but they said to contact Adobe. Does anybody have any advice?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

T
trecoolchick
Aug 4, 2008
There is also a box that pops up saying that changes will be made, because it is printing onto a non-postscript printer. Epson has no postscript drivers. They mailed saying that I should look somewhere else for a postscript driver. Is there somewhere else?
R
Ram
Aug 5, 2008
a box that pops up saying that changes will be made, because it is printing onto a non-postscript printer

Just ignore that message and check the box never to show it again. You don’t need a PostScript printer to print photos. It’s the dumbest dialog box ever.

Sorry I can’t help you with the printing issue, as I don’t do Leopard (OS 10.5.x).
AW
Allen_Wicks
Aug 5, 2008
Forget Epson’s useless tech support.

What you describe is typical of improper printer profile or usage of non-Epson paper, especially paper with gloss. Have you profiled the printer/paper and are you using Epson paper (or other paper and profiles specifically recommended here for Epson photo-quality printers) properly selected?

Like Ramón I am on 10.4.11, not 10.5.x, but I doubt if your described problem is due to the OS version.
T
trecoolchick
Aug 5, 2008
Yeah I think I’ve worked things out. I continued searching the web and I brought up several things…

Does anyone know how to print on 4×6 photo paper and it not put borders on the edges? I think I’ve tried everything. I have border set to none and have a custom sized paper set w/o margins. Any ideas?
B
Buko
Aug 5, 2008
the Printer should have a borderless setting if it can print borderless.

Otherwise you can’t
T
trecoolchick
Aug 5, 2008
I can print w/o a border with my other programs (i.e. iPhoto). It’s just Adobe that won’t.
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 5, 2008
trecool,

It’s just Adobe that won’t.

AFAIK, this is not an "Adobe" issue as the printer model’s software defines how large it will print.

Also, make sure that you have the page size defined properly in page setup.

Neil

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections