DS
Posted By
Daniel_Stonek
Mar 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Since I installed OS X (10.2) I didn´t use it for print colors, only B&W. Last driver was released in 2001 (10.1).
In OS 9 I had several print choices like kind of paper I don´t have anymore. Any idea on how to get a real X driver like OS9?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Mar 2, 2004
I’ve been using my 870 ever since OSX was relesed way back when. the drivers in Jaguar work perfectly fine. although I do most of my printing from InDesign it basicly the same you need to click the printer button at the bottom of the printer dialog box for your options.
DK
Doug_Katz
Mar 2, 2004
BTW, Buko, have we ever figured out why, after pressing that printer button, a dialog tells us we SHOULDN’T go to our own printer’s dialog even though we can, we should, and we sometimes HAVE to to choose some settings? And does Panther still give that message or was it "fixed?" (Panther isn’t on my machine.)
B
Buko
Mar 2, 2004
You know it just might. I may have turned it off. I think its an Adobe warning. I think its basically saying if you can make the adjustments in the Adobe software then its best to do it in the Adobe dialog, but if we don’t have the adjustment its OK to use the printers controls.

that’s how I interpret it
DK
Doug_Katz
Mar 2, 2004
That’s how we HAVE to interpret it. But you’re saying it doesn’t even appear in Panther?
B
Buko
Mar 2, 2004
I’m sure I checked the do not show again box
DK
Doug_Katz
Mar 2, 2004
You’re good, man. I didn’t even see the option to turn it off until you pointed it out. The option’s available in 10.2.8 too.

Leads to another quickie question: Is trashing Finder and other OS preferences the only way to restore dialogs that we turn off in the operating system?
B
Buko
Mar 2, 2004
Most software has a restore defaults button somewhere.

I just don’t know right off where it may be.
GP
Graham_Phillips
Mar 2, 2004
I’m not aware of any warnings that can be turned off in the OS, but the Photoshop CS preferences window (General page) has a button at the bottom to reset the warnings.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections