AT
Posted By
Abel_Teo
Apr 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have the following message when I tried to start my Photoshop CS.

Application Launch Failure!
The application "(null)" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "*<application><application><ACECarbonLib><>"

Even though I have tried reinstalling, it does nto work. What can be done?

Abel

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Apr 23, 2004
Abel,

What’s the exact version of your operating system? What other trouble shooting steps have you taken? Did Photoshop work before?
AT
Abel_Teo
Apr 23, 2004
Actually I had no problem with Photoshop CS before. Only after my computer forced me to restart did the problem appear. This happened when I was working on a Photoshop file.

I have tried to use my OS 10.3.3 Disk Utility to repair the hard disk and I was able to solve most problems. Other problems I had was the disappearance of my printer drivers as well as my Norton Antivirus having problem on auto startup but I have no problem launching it manually. I have since freed up 2 GB of space as I suspect the reason was due to a lack of hard disk space when I was working on Photoshop CS.
R
Ram
Apr 23, 2004
Norton Anti Virus (NAV) is a notorious trouble maker. I wouldn’t install any of the Norton stuff on any of my drives, though it’s OK to use Norton Disk Doctor from the CD.
R
Ram
Apr 23, 2004
As far as disk space, when your disk is 85% full, regardless of its size, you’re in deep trouble already.
AT
Abel_Teo
Apr 23, 2004
Still, any solution to the situation?

Thanks.
B
Buko
Apr 23, 2004
did you dump NAV??
B
Buko
Apr 23, 2004
did you trash your prefs??
B
Buko
Apr 23, 2004
what exactly have you done??
CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 23, 2004
That sounds more like a DLL has gotten corrupted on disk. Check the disk for damage, and if the other suggestions don’t work – remove and reinstall Photoshop.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections