CS2 will not launch bridge – error message 2 ?????

TO
Posted By
Tom_O_Connell
Jan 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
HI-

I downloaded and installed CS3 beta but it would not accept my CS2 serial number so I uninstalled it.

Now, Photoshop will not launch Bridge:
" Error 2: photoshop is undefined
Line: 1

photoshop.launchBridgeInBackgroung (); "

Also Bridge does not seem to launch CS2 (even if it is already running).

Anyone know the fix??

thanks,

Tom O’Connell

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

GD
george_dingwall
Jan 5, 2007
Hi Tom,

When you install CS3 it updates some common files, and then when you uninstall, it removes these files without restoring the old ones.

The error you are getting is due to a missing script.

photoshop-9.jsx

The file should be in this location on a standard install.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\StartupScripts

If you run a repair installion of your CS2, it will correct this. Remember to save any unsaved actions etc, before you do the repair installation.

Alternatively, I could email you a copy of the file. However, I’m not sure what else might have been deleted when CS3 is uninstalled.

If you want me to send you a copy of the missing file, email me with your address. You can find my email address on my home page. Remove the anti-spam bit first.

<http://www.georgedingwall.co.uk/>

Hope this helps.
A
AnneJohnson
Jan 5, 2007
Exactly what I was thinking, repair cs2 and you should be good to go.
TO
Tom_O_Connell
Jan 6, 2007
George and Anne-

Thanks. I was thinking of repair, but worried it might be a major hassle…you seem to imply it is not.

I will look for the file on my laptop and it will likely be there and I will transfer it…if that works I’m done…if not, repair.

Thanks for the specific script, George…

cheers,

tom
LB
Lou_Blazquez
Jan 21, 2007
Boy! Thanks to all of you for reporting the problems with the CS3 Beta. I almost downloaded it. Now I won’t bother or get involved. I already have my own headaches without inviting more onto my screen.

Lou
LB
Les_Berkley
Jan 27, 2007
I ran the repair install. Now I have 9.0 rather than 9.0.2, and the Updater refuses to recognize this. Can I manually DL the updates?

Sorry all–found the download for 9.0.2.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections