JB
Posted By
Jason Brumbaugh
Aug 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I bought an Epson scanner and have been using Photoshop Elements (version 1.0 for PC) that came with it. I as using it as normal and then all of the sudden it freaked out (meaning, the image that I was working on disappeared and all that remained was the transparent background grid). Well, I quit the app and re-launched it, and ever since then, the splash screen comes up announcing the application and it’s creators, but then quits to the desktop before it loads the actual interface. Try as I may, I still cannot get it to work now — I’ve even uninstalled and reinstalled it twice now!

PLEASE HELP!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NS
Nancy S
Aug 23, 2003
Jason,

Did you disable your antivirus software before installing the program? If not, I would try an uninstall and reinstall AFTER deleting the Preferences folder.

Or you might try holding down the shift/control/alt keys simultaneously as you launch the program. When you get a dialog box, answer yes and see if it loads.

Where does it quit when loading? If it is loading fonts, it is because you have way too many for the program to handle.

Do you have lots of free space on your hard disk? The program needs a lot of memory and free space to function. The free space needs to be contiguous, as in have you degragmented your hard drive lately?

Tell us what your system specs are, like OS, amount of RAM etc.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections