GD
Posted By
Gary_DeGraff
Aug 23, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know there is a posted "solution" to this problem, but I have tried this several times, using all kinds of manipulations and still have the problem.
If I disconnect my network cable and boot up Photoshop, the window showing the "web update" still shows up and the program never opens.
My guess is that there is some file lurking somewhere causing this problem. I have even tried removing the software (as best I can), reinstalling, applying the 7.0.1 update and still the same thing.
I run OS 10.4.X on a G5.
ANY IDEAS OUT THERE????
Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BB
by_Buko
Aug 23, 2006
Pull the cable from the back of your computer.
R
Ram
Aug 23, 2006
Gary,

This is in the FAQs, and it also appears in red letters on the same page where you added this topic. CLICK HERE <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bb82206>
GD
Gary_DeGraff
Aug 24, 2006
Pulling the cable from the back of the computer was the KEY. I had been disconnecting the cable at the router and pulling the power cord. I didn’t realize it made a difference in pulling the cable from the back of the computer.
Thanks to both of you for your help!!
BB
by_Buko
Aug 24, 2006
If you leave the cable in the back of the computer, the computer still thinks its connected to that internet thingy.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections