Help! with this action/script (today date in info file)

M
Posted By
milobg
Jul 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi I’ a photograph and I work for a local paper here in italy, I create an action and in INFO FILE I put inside all info for my newspaper but I NEED to insert "today’s date" every day.
Every time i run my action everything is all right but, in File/info file/origin the date I see is old… It is the date when I create the action….
And I have to press TODAY to show it correctly…

Is there and action or script to add to my action to solve my problem??? so when I run the action I do not have to press TODAY for every photo… I hope you undersatand me…
Sorry for my english, thanks in advance, Milo

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DR
Danny Raphael
Jul 22, 2006
Hello, Milo:

Your English is very good. My Italian is none! 🙂

Your problem could be solved with a script, but I am not scripting literate.

The following seems to work using actions. Try it:
* Open a new image (any size, any resolution)
* Record a new action
* (1) File > File Info > Origin ….fill in all fields, but NO date (leave blank) …..click OK to close dialog and record step
* (2) again: File > File Info > Origin ….click TODAY …..click OK to close dialog and record step
STOP recording

Notice:
* 2 steps in action: One for the date, one for everything else

"Tomorrow" – Before playing the action
* Open any image
* In the action double-click on the "Set file info" command (the one for the DATE). This will open the File Info dialog
* Click TODAY to update the date field
* Click OK to close the File > Info dialog and update the "Set file info" command in the action

When you play the action the "new date" will be filled in automatically.

Does this help?

~Danny~

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections