Posted By
Fogbert
Apr 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using PS CS on Windows XP.
My files start off fine with correct dates (created and modified). But then when I change the copyright info (status and notice) from "File/file Info" and save it as a template, suddenly all my dates change in the File Properties in the File Browser window. I get dates ranging from 1972-2026!
However, in the File Browser window, when I switch the view to "details", it is interesting to see that all the dates (created and modified) have not altered and remain correct!!
So the problem appears to be with the date reading in the Metadata/File Properties only. I also checked outside of PS CS and XP reads the dates correctly too. This is very frustrating. Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AL
Albert_Lubberts
May 6, 2004
I have the same problem as you and have something to add since you mentioned changing the view to details. The dates are correct for both the date modified and date created for a jpeg image in the details view but the date modified is still incorrect with a raw image file, it still has the last modified date. I assume this is because the raw data image file isn’t affected directly, it has a sidecar file attached to it containing the changes to the metadata, and the details view doesn’t read this sidecar file. Appending the template to a group of images results in each image getting random dates and times in each image but the same date and time for both date modified and date created in the file properties section of the metadata window. I’ve submitted a bug report to adobe since I don’t think there will be an easy fix to this.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections