Posted By
Polar
Apr 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I made an action that saves a JPEG using the Save for Web command and it overwrites the existing file, then closes the file.

The problem is that it asks me if I want to replace the existing file, because I am saving it in the same folder. I want it to overwrite.

Same thing happens when I run the Action in a batch.

I’m using Photoshop CS

Thanks in advance

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

G
graffiti
Apr 27, 2004
In batch try choosing "Override Action save as commands" and see if that helps.
JC
JG_Cooke
Apr 28, 2004
Polar:

I just got through with a thread on this; see "How to remove exif using an action (Save for web has a problem) (9 messages; 4/27/04)".

Bottom line is in S4W the file specified in the action is the one the file will be saved to, period. If the source and destination are the same, it will attempt to overwrite. There, apparently, is nothing in the batch dialog box that will redirect the output in a S4W action.

Jim
DR
Danny_Raphael
Apr 28, 2004
Polar:

If you can get by with Save As… (.jpg), you can overcome most of the problems/nuances that go along with SFW. If you do that, heed the advice in Graffiti’s post.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections