Script needed to adjust psd file sizes or jpeg qlty?

F
Posted By
frankg
Feb 24, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to convert over a hundred psd files of slightly varying size (around 40mb) to a specified jpeg file size of 5 to 5.5MB.
I need a script/action that’ll adjust the originals size/dimension and/or the jpeg quality setting to get it to the 5mb – maintaining optimum quality.

the script under file>scripts>image processor comes close but only offers the final jpeg size in pixel dimensions

thanks

=========

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JM
John McWilliams
Feb 28, 2006
frankg wrote:

I need to convert over a hundred psd files of slightly varying size (around 40mb) to a specified jpeg file size of 5 to 5.5MB.
I need a script/action that’ll adjust the originals size/dimension and/or the jpeg quality setting to get it to the 5mb – maintaining optimum quality.
the script under file>scripts>image processor comes close but only offers the final jpeg size in pixel dimensions
Version of PS??

If CS, try Russell Brown’s Image processor. It’s built in to CS II. (It’s a script)

John McWilliams

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections