T
Posted By
tdktv
Jun 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m adding info my images through the File Info (captions, author info, etc.) dialog and I’ve discovered that there are triangles to the right of almost every field that, when clicked, contain previous info from other images — images that are on my other computer! I don’t have a template setup in the metadata so how can I remove this info so others cannot see it? is there a way to purge that data? my concern is that i’ll send an image to a client who’ll be able to open it up in photoshop and see the data that’s not associated with my file.

thanks in advance.
Tom Jones

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BF
Bruce_Fraser
Jun 12, 2004
The info in the popups doesn’t travel with the file. It’s stored in a preference somewhere on the local machine. That said, I’d love to know just where it IS stored.

I’ve ruled out

Library/Application Support/Adobe/XMP/Custom File Info Panels Users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/XMP (all contents) Users/username/Library/Application Support/File Browser/Photoshop CS (these are the File Browser cache files)
The sidecar .xmp file for raw images
Users/username/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS Settings (all contents, including Keywords.psp)
Library/Preferences

If you ever find out, please let us all know.
M
MarkATS
Jun 12, 2004

[usesrname]/Library/Preferences/Adobe/XMP/FileInfoLibPrefs.t xt

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections