Adding IPTC Contact to File Information, using an action.

J
Posted By
johnckirby
Jan 19, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve retrieved a large number of tif files from my archives which a client required replacement copies of. When they were originally saved, there was no IPTC Contact information in the File Information, only a Copyright Notice (under the Description Tag).
I’d like to now include the IPTC Contact details, and have created and saved an XMP Template, with those details and also the copyright notice.
I’ve written an action that applies the template (Shift+Ctl+Alt+I, Click on the arrow button in the top right corner of the XMP Panel, select the template, click OK) Save, then close.
However, when run as a batch, the Copyright is applied OK, but only the Creator Window of the IPTC Panel is applied. The address, phone number, etc. are blank. The only way I can make the additonal information "Stick" is to do the files singly. Any ideas as to why I can’t get it to work on a batch?
On looking at the iptc.org site, it would appear that there was a problem with CS1, but I’m using CS2, so it shouldn’t be a problem. I’m running Windows 2K.
Appreciate any input, John.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections