Adding a label from IPTC text with an action to the bottom of a photo?

JW
Posted By
Jimmie Williams
Jan 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been trying to develop an action(S). to take file information (caption) from a JPG photo and then place this text to the bottom of a photo where a strip of white space has been added. I have no problem doing this with just one photo at a time. But I have nearly a thousand family photos that have this IPTC information inbedded in the photos that I would like placed on the photos so that other family members that do not have any programs to read this information can read it when viewing the photographs.

The process is two parts:
1. Add a white space of about 10 to 15% of the total height of the photo to the bottom of the photo. No problem in creating an action for this step.

2. Add text to white space. The way that I’m trying create an action is to open the File Info window, highlighting the caption, copying by "Ctrl C", Closing the File Info Window, Then selecting The Horizonatal type tool. I then select the area to place the label, and then paste the text into the area. This works fine when doing one photo at a time. Problem is that after recording the action, the next time that I use the action, the text that is pasted is the same as the text for the photo that the action was recorded on.

I would like some suggestion so that each time I use this action the text is the same as the text copied from the file information for that photo. I plan to automate this action in the batch command.

If this is not possible, does any one know of a program that would be able to perform action for me.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PS
Paul Skelcher
Jan 6, 2005
"Jimmie Williams" wrote….
I have been trying to develop an action(S). to take file information (caption) from a JPG photo and then place this text to the bottom of a
photo
where a strip of white space has been added.

Does this help?
http://www.peterkrogh.com/Pages/digital/metaframer.html

Regards,
Paul
JW
Jimmie Williams
Jan 10, 2005
Thank you Paul,

Since Metaframer is a script, it only works with Photoshop CS, Your message gave me a good excuse to buy the upgrade.

Metaframer almost is the answer. It has a problem with font size. Since this is beta script, maybe something can be worked out by Peter to included a way to change font size in the future. I will e-mail him about my experience and problems with the script.

Thank you Paul for the answer

Jimmie

"Paul Skelcher" wrote in message
"Jimmie Williams" wrote….
I have been trying to develop an action(S). to take file information (caption) from a JPG photo and then place this text to the bottom of a
photo
where a strip of white space has been added.

Does this help?
http://www.peterkrogh.com/Pages/digital/metaframer.html

Regards,
Paul

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections