overwriting png files in action, how do u stop the "copy copy" being added to the end of t

ML
Posted By
Mez_Linford
Dec 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have seen the other forums with similar problems, but they have not quite helped me in this matter. I work on alot of single images at one time, some are animation frames etc. which are originally in .png format. When I action it to save over the top of the existing files using the "save" command, it will occasionally come up with the "save as" dialogue box and try to write it as <filename> copy copy.png. The images are flattened to the state they were to begin with, and often the changes I make are minute, like moving the image a few pixels, as the task I work on requires. This problem only applies itself to a few of the frames in the sequence, which halts the action process and takes more time for me to go through and resave the file and it is really really annoying.

I know there is a way around it by using the save for web command and saving the file to another folder or location, but my question is why is this happening at all? sure there are long winded ways around the issue, but is there any way for it to stop adding this annoying copy copy to only say 5 files out of 20 in a sequence without having to save to a different folder or location??

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections