TG
Posted By
Tina_Garfield
Feb 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If it’s any consolation (and it’s not for me), the creation date only changes if you add the IPTC data,keywords, etc. through the browser. It seems that if you open an individual photo and its info panel and make changes that way, the creation date remains as it should. So it must be a browser glitch, which is too bad, since that would be one of the benefits of the browser — batch adding keywords. etc. without having to open each file. Oh well …..

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AJ
Adam_Jerugim
Feb 16, 2004
This is a known issue with how the File Browser is displaying the data. The actual data saved to the file is correct. Up to this point I thought this only affected Windows users, but apparently it happens on either platform. It is simply a display glitch, and the FB should show the correct information in the metadata pane after a purge of cache data.
TG
Tina_Garfield
Feb 18, 2004
Nope. It’s not just a display problem. Purging all cache, quitting CS, restarting CS, checking file info… the creation date has been permanently changed to the date on which the metadata was added via the file browser. The file browser apparently is rewriting this data. If metadata is added to individual photos by opening photo itself, then file info, then adding metadata, then the creation date is unaffected. Too bad, since it makes the browser worthless for much of what it was designed to do.

It may be a function of my OS? 10.2.6?
SS
Sean_Sosik-Hamor
Feb 26, 2004
I just got off the phone with technical support, and they said that this issue had been logged and may be fixed in a future patch. On a side note, I was worried that Photoshop may be resompressing the JPEG files after writing IPTC. Turns out that this is not the case; technical support verified that IPTC header codes are appended to the file and no image data is changed.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections