SA
Posted By
Shirley_Allan
Jan 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I installed Photoshop Elements and it took all my photos from iPhoto without asking and now when I try to import from my camera the pictures go straight to Elements. I want to use iPhoto for all my pictures and just use Elements for the pictures I want to work on. How do I get iPhoto back as the default or stated another way, how do I stop Elements from taking comand. I am runing OS 10.2 on an iMac.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MR
Mark_Reibman
Jan 20, 2004
What you’ve done is set the browser to your Pictures>iPhoto folder. So it’s browsing your iPhoto library. Set it to desktop or anything except iPhoto and your problem should disappear.

In iPhoto, go to preferences. ‘Double click’ ‘Opens in other’, select the Photoshop Element icon. When you double click a photo within iPhoto it will open in Elements for editing.

If you save as a PSD, with layers not flattened you will need to save it to a folder on your desktop (call it something like PSE edits).If you want it to return to iPHoto it must be flattened and if you haven’t created any layers you won’t need to do that.

If this isn’t clear let us know.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections