WE
Posted By
Wendy_E_Williams
Dec 20, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I upload from the camera to iPhoto then any that need editing I export from iPhoto to a desktop folder.

The problem is when I export from iPhoto there are four choices: Export as Original, JPG, TIFF or PNG. If I use Original or JPG Elements does not recognise the files so I tend to use TIFF.

Several questions:

Is this normal, what is PNG and would I be better using PNG rather than TIFF as TIFF files are so big?

Seems funny that Elements doesn’t pick up Original or JPG … I’m sure that at some stage I used to export as JPG but maybe not !!

Help
Wendy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
jhjl1
Dec 20, 2003
Good morning Wendy. I am not familiar with the iPhoto but Tiff is probably your best bet regardless. PNG has some advantages depending on what the image will be used for. This link will give you some info on PNG. PNG is not as widely used and some older browsers do not support PNG.

http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Dec 20, 2003
Wendy,

When you export from iPhoto make sure you have "Use Extension" checked. You should be able to export as Original or jpg as long as you use an extension.

Joe
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Dec 20, 2003
Joe … You are a star … I have spent ages trying to sort out why I couldn’t get it to work and you solve it in a few minutes. Thank you so much

James … Thanks for the info on PNG’s I will go over and check it out.
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Dec 20, 2003
Your welcome Wendy. Glad I could help. 🙂

Joe

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections