MR
Posted By
Mark_Reibman
Apr 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
For those of you following the recent thread regarding transfering images between iPhoto and Elements. I’m not sure changing the .psd to .jpg is going to be without problems. I noticed that an image that was changed from psd to jpg would not appear properly in iPhoto’s Edit mode. I can’t say that this was the problem, but I reverted to original and it once again shows up normally. I’m still in the research phase of this. There was nothing that couldn’t be salvaged, it’s just a matter of how iPhoto works or doesn’t.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 3, 2004
Mark, I don’t know if this is relevant here, but FWIW, I have noticed that X itself doesn’t understand all the filters in PS/PE (once you’re outside the program). For instance, if I use the motion or radial blur on an image then open the .psd file in Preview, the area where the filter was applied is blank.
SS
Susan_S.
Apr 3, 2004
Mark – I hadn’t thought of that (I never use edit mode as I do it all in Elements) but that wouldn’t surprise me… useful information for those that do edit mode (but I presume this would hold true for those files which are imported as PSDss as well, using Wendy’s workflow of export to folder, edit, reimport?)
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Apr 4, 2004
Hey Mark,

That’s pretty interesting. It weird because iPhoto will display the image for just a couple seconds in Edit mode and then the window will go white. Is that what you’re seeing?

Joe
SS
Susan_S.
Apr 4, 2004
Joe, that is weird – it does exactly that in iphoto2 – but layered psds that have been imported into iphoto show up fine in edit mode – although I don’t quite know how they would react if you actually tried to edit them in iphoto. – which layer would it affect?
MR
Mark_Reibman
Apr 4, 2004
Joe,

Yes…that’s it. It changes to white.

Barbara,

That’s also strange. A pixel is pixel is a pixel… or so it would seem.
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 4, 2004
You know, you guys are making it less and less likely that I’ll actually break out iPhoto and start using it! 🙂
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Apr 4, 2004
Beth,

I haven’t found any problems at all doing the long way round … also I never edit in iPhoto.

Wendy

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections