RS
Posted By
Ric Seyler
Apr 17, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My puter won’t allow CS4 to be installed…
Im still at XP SP1…. back in the day (SP2 release days) there were rampant rumors
or possible actually facts, that SP2 would break various DTP programs. And require pecking around and hunting down patches… soo I never allowed SP2.
i.e I use Corel, PhotoShop, PageMaker (I know, I know)
But I’m an old fart and get set in my ways… ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Sooo now that I shelled out for CS4, I can’t install.
So my tentative plan of attack is to get another HDD and clone my current, and do the hoop jumping on the clone. (have the original HDD to get back to work pronto if needed), gotta pay the bills and all….

QUESTION:
I’ve read that when you install SP3 (required for CS4 install) it in turn breaks being able to open PageMaker files in InDesign..

I’ve read, for a work around you have to in turn uninstall SP3 to fix being able to open PageMaker files in InDesign. Has anyone had experience with this, and does it work?

ANOTHER QUESTION (I know I’m pushing it :-):
And am I gonna be in for a major re-learning situation
going from PM7 to InDesign?

I think I read that with the early InDesign versions there was a "PageMaker Plug-In" that kept the same basic tools and menus for an easier transition..

Thanks again guys!

Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
GPL Handicap 6.35

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
————————————–
"Homer no function beer well without."
– H.J. Simpson

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Rob
Apr 17, 2009
Ric Seyler wrote:
Im still at XP SP1…. back in the day (SP2 release days) there were rampant rumors
or possible actually facts, that SP2 would break various DTP programs. And require pecking around and hunting down patches… soo I never allowed SP2.

Why can’t you load SP2 even ??

Sooo now that I shelled out for CS4, I can’t install.

Have you emailed or phoned Adobe on this matter since you shelled put for your copy of CS4 and can’t do an install.

So my tentative plan of attack is to get another HDD and clone my current, and do the hoop jumping on the clone. (have the original HDD to get back to work pronto if needed), gotta pay the bills and all….

Sholdn’e have to.

QUESTION:
I’ve read that when you install SP3 (required for CS4 install) it in turn breaks being able to open PageMaker files in InDesign..
I’ve read, for a work around you have to in turn uninstall SP3 to fix being able to open PageMaker files in InDesign. Has anyone had experience with this, and does it work?

Check with Adobe

ANOTHER QUESTION (I know I’m pushing it :-):
And am I gonna be in for a major re-learning situation
going from PM7 to InDesign?

I think I read that with the early InDesign versions there was a "PageMaker Plug-In" that kept the same basic tools and menus for an easier transition..

Thanks again guys!
JJ
Jay Jhabrix
Apr 18, 2009
"Ric Seyler" wrote:

Install SP2… WinXP is now on SP3…

Just back up all data first.

Cheers…

JJ

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections