MG
Posted By
Matthew_Gannon
May 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is it me, or are compound clipping paths just not working right in Photoshop 7. I thought that if you were cutting a path of let say a donut, that you could cut a separate path within the larger path and Photoshop would know that you wanted that hole knocked out when you exported it as a eps. Even when I try to make a selection, it doesn’t seem to acknowlege that inner path. Has anyone else experienced this?

Mezmeero

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

T
Todie
May 21, 2004
It’s not you, it’s Photoshop.
(but not the way you may think)
The default behavior of the paths should have been left alone. There are added features (to play more like Illustrator) that should’ve been made available on demand only (methinks).
With the pen tool and your path selected, check-out the (pathfinder-like) styles, up in the menu, to the right of "Auto Add/Delete".
(if it feels like an IQ test, it is)
MG
Matthew_Gannon
May 21, 2004
Oh, ok. I never really looked at that stuff before. I guess I’m just an old-schooler that is set in my ways. I agree, they should of left the default behavior alone or at made the default settings for the Pen tool to behave like they used to.

Wow! Now I’ve even figured out how to deactivate that pesky auto vector-shape crap when I go to use the pen tool! Thanks Todie!

Mezmeero

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections