VA
Posted By
valerie_a_ostenak
Feb 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I’m new to CS2–last used PSH 7–Mac. I’ve used the lasso tool(s) to create a path, then make work path, save path, and then clipping path to delete backgrounds in a psd or PSH eps doc. Save as an eps for Place into a new PSH doc. Now, it’s not taking. The object of my desire is not separated from the background for Place into the new PSH doc. Is this a problem with CS2? or is there a new way? The Adobe Help says to do it the regular way, but it’s not working. Please HELP!

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 7, 2007
You don’t need a Clipping Path for this. And you certainly don’t need to save as eps. I would only use a Clipping Path if I were placing the graphic into another application, such as QuarkXPress.

Try making a selection as you are doing. Then drag it into your other document or Copy/Paste. Faster, and fewer steps.

If you must make a path, just make a Work Path using the Pen tool, and turn it into a selection from the Paths palette or by hitting Enter.
GW
Gary_Wexler
Feb 8, 2007
Did you make sure the path is connected? You should be able to use the path tool, pen tool or lasso. If your path is complex, it may not work if you have the wrong option clicked (Add to Path Area, Subtract from Path Area, Intersect Path Area, Exclude Overlapping Path Areas)… so try switching those and see what happens. If all else fails, make a new path from scratch…
VA
valerie_a_ostenak
Feb 8, 2007
Thank you both so much! I tried Ed’s method of Copy/Paste and it worked perfectly.

In answer to Gary, the path was made with the magnetic tool and was connected. I’m not sure where the Add, etc stuff is located in the PSH Path palette. . .

I’m new to the CS2 workflow so I’m learning the production methods for apps that work together instead of doing things to "make" them work together.

Thanks again!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections