EPSON 3200 scanner quits PHOTOSHOP 7 on OSX 10.2.7!

NL
Posted By
nicole_lystad
Oct 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m looking for a patch for photoshop 7 to use with my epson 3200 scanner. It’ll scan once and then quit photoshop. Epson is no help and insists it’s a photoshop problem. Does adobe have any downloads available to fix this?

thanks!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 3, 2003
Nicole, you may want to post your question on the regular Photoshop forums; this one is for Photoshop Elements, a different program altogether.
EM
Elena_Murphy
Oct 3, 2003
I use that scanner with Photoshop 7 all the time (on Mac 10.2.8). I did all of my wedding photos (about 250 images in groups of two) in one sitting so it might be something other than Photoshop OR your scanner. Did you try the usual throwing away of preferences and reinstalling of scanner drivers? You could also have fragmentation issues, not enough, ram… the list goes on.
NL
nicole_lystad
Oct 3, 2003
I did try that. It seems like photoshop may be holding onto the memory of the scan.. not sure though. My system is stocked so I’m quite sure it’s not a RAM issue. I’m stumped. Are there patches for this sort of thing i photoshop?
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 3, 2003
When was the last time you repaired permissions?
EM
Elena_Murphy
Oct 3, 2003
I don’t know of any patches out for Photoshop 7 right now. There are a few updates for specific areas (not scanning). You could try updating to 7.0.1 if you haven’t already but other than that, maybe try the Photoshop forum as Chuck suggested. Although any scanner issues would likely happen in Elements as well as Photoshop, you may find someone there who has had the same problem. You could try the forum archives as well.
NL
nicole_lystad
Oct 3, 2003
How do I repair permissions?
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 3, 2003
Oh ho and aha. I think Beth was right and that’s probably your problem. You should always repair permissions before and after any major installations on your mac.

To repair permissions go to Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility. Launch it and click First Aid>Repair Permissions. It takes a few minutes to run, but it fixes a multitude of problems.

Good work, Beth!
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 3, 2003
I forgot to say that you may need to trash your driver and reinstall it, then repair permissions again if it doesn’t do it the first time.
NL
nicole_lystad
Oct 3, 2003
I did install the new drivers – do I need to trash a permissions extension? where do I repair permissions?
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 3, 2003
Didn’t you see my first post? Is the newsgroup acting up again?

Anyway, you need to open your applications folder. Go to Utilities and find Disk Utility. Double-click to start it. Then click the First Aid tab and you’ll see the repair permissions button. It takes a while, especially if you’ve got a bunch of stuff on your hard drive.

You should repair permissions before installing stuff, and after, too. Your driver may not have installed properly if the permissions weren’t set right when the installer ran. So if repairing them now doesn’t do it, try uninstalling the new driver, repairing permissions, reinstalling and repairing again. Hopefully you won’t need to do all that, though.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 3, 2003
Oops, forgot this. Don’t leave any other applications running when you use a disk utility. Shut them all down first, except the finder, of course.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections