LP
Posted By
Lee_Pearsall
Jan 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Color Management is going to be the death of me.

My last scanner died (big, black blob covering the center 7/8th of the scanned area). It produced faithful color without any management because it had no color management settings.

I bought an Epson Perfection 3170 scanner and it now produces photos that are too dark. I’ve tried ‘No color Management’ but that’s darker (worse). I’ve increased the up to 2.5 and it’s somewhat better but the greens look offish. Beyond 2.5 achieves no noticible result. I’m currently playing around with the ICM settings but I have no idea who makes my monitor. (I have a Dell flat screen LCD 17" monitor.)

Any suggestions would be a great help.

I use no color management between my monitor and printer (Epson C80) and that works just fine.

Lee B. Pearsall

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 3, 2004
Eeeeeek! (Sorry, but I just couldn’t resist.) I can’t help with your problem, unfortunately, but what you did just do is give me one more reason to consider the Epson 3200 Pro, which comes with Monoco EZColor software for calibration!
BG
Byron_Gale
Jan 3, 2004
Lee,

My scanner software (HP DeskScan II) has a calibration utility which provides a way for the scanner to test itself.

It generates a test target image (colored bars and gradients) which is to be printed, and then scanned back in. This provides a feedback loop for the scanner to adjust itself.

While this is not the equipment you are using, I thought to mention it in the event your scanning software may provide a similar feature.

Byron

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections