Posted By
marilynnolt
May 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
eMac settings:

preferences: colorsync: RGB Default Adobe RGB (1998)

Elements settings:

color settings: full color management for print

Epson R800 settings:

Print Preview: Color Management: Document Source Profile: Adobe RGB (1998)

Print Space: Profile Same as Source

Print Color Management: Color: Advanced: Colorsync

My prints are terribly muddy and don’t match the moniter. Can anyone give me some advice. Thanks. Marilyn

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TM
Tom Murray 1
May 26, 2005
With Elements and my Epson printer I get good prints with;

Print Space: Printer Color Management
Intent: Relative Colorimetric

In the print settings for the printer make sure you select the specific paper profile you are using.

With CS2 I am using this No Color Management set up with good results. <http://www.gballard.net/nca.html>
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 26, 2005
Another site to keep an eye on is Russell Brown’s (russellbrown.com). He’s been redoing it and a lot of the old stuff isn’t there right now, but he did have some excellent tutorials on Epson printing for OS X. You might want to check occasionally to see if they get put back up once his redesign is complete.
BB
brent bertram
May 26, 2005
Marilyn,
For one thing, "Print Space: Profile Same as Source" effectively disables all color management. It is generally used ONLY for printing IT-8 targets for profiling.
Use "Printer Color Management" instead, or , better yet, a profile specific to the Epson Paper that you are printing on, in the output space profile dropdown box.

🙂

Brent
M
marilynnolt
May 27, 2005
My print preview window gives no option for "printer color management". Can anyone tell me why? Should it be there some place?
BB
brent bertram
May 27, 2005
For the record, Postscript color management and Printer Color Management have the same function in this dropdown box. Which choice you are offerred depends upon the printer involved ( whether the driver supports postscript or not ) , and the Operating System involved ( I believe the MAC natively supports Postscript ) . Corrections/Amplifications are most welcome, I’ve no Mac familiarity.<G>

🙂

Brent
DC
David_Cornwell
May 27, 2005
I use the same settings recommended by Tom & Brent & get excellent print results on my R800. Have a Windows computer.

Dave Cornwell

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections