PL
Posted By
Peter_l_Andrews
May 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Has anyone had problems with color correction when using Epson R800. There seems to be a problem with the auto color correction in Elements 3 and the Stylus Photo R800. Any suggestions other than the laborious manual color correction process!!!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Roy
May 29, 2005
wrote in message
Has anyone had problems with color correction when using Epson R800. There seems to be a problem with the auto color correction in Elements 3 and the Stylus Photo R800. Any suggestions other than the laborious manual color correction process!!!

Hi there.

What do you mean by Auto Color correction and the R800?

I understand that the color corrections, (or anything else you apply in PE), apply to the image, and what you see on the screen.

Are you really asking, why there is a difference between what you see on the screen and what prints out?

So are you asking about the use of Profiles in PE Color Management, to convert from your Woking Space to your R800?

Roy G
RV
Robert_Van_Bodegon
May 30, 2005
Being a newby to PSE3 I thought that mine was the only Epson printer that was not printing the colors that I saw on my monitor. I have an Epson Stylus 825. I was blaming my new LCD flat screen for the error and was looking for a was to correct the color printed by forcing the the apparent brightness levels in the editor. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
ML
Mark_Levesque
May 31, 2005
Are your monitors calibrated and profiled? If not, what you see is not what you will get. The importance of calibrating your monitor cannot be overstated. I had similar issues when I was only using Adobe Gamma to calibrate (by eye) my monitor. Since I bit the bullet and bought a hardware solution (Monaco Optix XR) my issues have been drastically reduced. My experience with the R800 is that it prints a bit more saturated than what you see on the monitor (at least, on the Ilford paper I usually use.) But, once calibrated, you can really print some kick-butt images.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections