SB
Posted By
Steve_Bryson
Feb 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
OK guys, what am I doing wrong here? I used Adobe Gamma with the Adobe RGB (1988) profile to adjust my monitor, and saved under a custom icc name. I’ve set Color Settings to optimized for print. I saved my image with the Adobe RGB (1998) profile. In print preview, I selected Color Management, the Document Source Profile is automatically Adobe RGB (1998), I set the Print Space profile to Epson Stylus Photo 1280, intent to Perceptual, and checked "use black point compensation." In Epson properties, I set media type to Premium Glossy Photo Paper, ink to Color, Custom setting Advanced, print quality is Photo 2880 dpi, No Color Adjustment. I printed on Epson Premium Glossy Photo paper.

I thought I did everything right, but the print came out way too dark and too green. What gives?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BB
brent_bertram
Feb 7, 2004
Steve,
When you have time, look at Ian Lyons’ fine site, and the printing with Photoshop 7 tutorial, < http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7_print/ps7_print_mac_2.h tm> .

The print space profile that you used should only be used when "ICM" mode is checked in the Epson Advanced driver . It is Epson’s generic 1280 profile, and simply defines the printer’s colorspace properties.

The "no color adjustment" setting is only appropriate when used with a media specific profile ( in this case, for Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper ). There is a link on Ian’s site, in this tutorial , I believe, to download the Epson Media Profiles for your printer. When you download them and use them, I think you’ll find that 1440 dpi printing is just fine, considering the time it takes for 2880 dpi. I know the profiles are also available from the Epson site, but you should read Ian’s tutorial anyway.

🙂

Brent
SB
Steve_Bryson
Feb 7, 2004
thanks, Brent. I’ll try your advice.

Steve 😎

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections