SB
Posted By
shakeel_bhatti
Apr 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Having problems – the quick guide page 9 gives instructions on how to scan slides, however the graphic for preview does not match my graphic on the screen. Cannot select slides or do anything useful (for that matter). Anyone experiencing the same? Is there a solution?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BE
Bob_E._Warren
Apr 15, 2004
Got my 4870 set up over the weekend and I’m not having any problems scanning slides. Are you using Import>4870 ? or Silverfast?
Bob Warren
SB
shakeel_bhatti
Apr 16, 2004
Bob: Thank you for the reply: I’m using import 4870, the preview scan shows the slides just fine, but if you look on page 9 of the quick guide the graphic of the screen shot shows a thumbnail tab abd a fullsize tab. The tabs on my screen say "preview" and "zoom". In the graphic on page 9 it shows check signs below the slides (so that you can select slides". My screen does not have the check signs, therefore I cannot select any slides to work on.

Shakeel
BE
Bob_E._Warren
Apr 16, 2004
My preview display has the ‘thumbnail’ and ‘fullsize’ tabs — also the check boxes by the slide previews (just like the picture on p. 9). Sounds like you might have an earlier version of the software — you might check the Epson site for updates. Also — have you tried just hitting the ‘SCAN’ button in the other window? When I do this I get all eight slides scanned in in the same session — they just appear as separate images in Elements. Takes about 15 minutes when I have ICE on at 4800 dpi. Another possibility is to click on an individual slide image — if you get a box around it it probably means you have selected it — then hit SCAN and see what happens.
Bob Warren
D
davee
Apr 16, 2004
If the 4870 is like the 3200 then when you select Transparency as the source on the Scan (LH) panel, there is an arrow to the right of the Preview button at the bottom. Click the arrow and make sure Thumbnail is selected, not Normal, then click the button to do the Preview scan.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections