QP
Posted By
Q_Photo
Dec 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an Epson 2450 scanner. When I attempt to scan into Photoshop I receive message: SCANNER FAILED TO SEND IMAGE. This happens outside of Photoshop also, just making a simple copy. I tried updating and rolling back versions of TWAIN, reinstalling software, different USB port and changed USB cables. Nothing helped.

I took scanner, software and cable to neighbor’s house and installed on his very basic system. It worked fine. I have XP Pro, Pent 4 – 1.8 & 2 gigs. I run CS and never have any problems, other than this. Sometimes my files are over 300 MB with lots of layers and while system may be a little slow it has been reliable.

Does anyone have a clue to this problem?

Thanks,
Q

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

S
SteveCohen
Dec 5, 2007
Call Epson tech support.

Steve

<
P
Phosphor
Dec 5, 2007
TWAIN is notoriously glitchy and generally teh suck.

Use the standalone scanner software that came with your scanner instead. I haven’t used Epson’s scanner software in many years (I use the brilliant VueScan <http://www.hamrick.com/> instead), but there should be a preference in there that will automatically open your scan in Photoshop as soon as the data has been captured.

Besides the obvious benefit of sidestepping the buggy TWAIN nonsense, it allows you to work something else in Photoshop while your scanner is capturing data.
SP
Sid_Phillips
Dec 5, 2007
The native scanning software for Epson’s is TWAIN based. Have you tried demo copies of SilverFast or VueScan?
P
Phosphor
Dec 5, 2007
Epson’s OEM scanning software can no longer be used in standalone mode?

I don’t believe it, because Epson surely must understand that not everyone has TWAIN-compliant software with which to use a scanner.

You do the Googling, show me a link stating as much, Sid, and I’ll humbly apologize for not believing you.

🙂
QP
Q_Photo
Dec 6, 2007
Thanks to Sid & Phos.

I downloaded VueScan but even though it recognized the scanner it doesn’t work. It starts the preview and the scanner goes thru the scan process, however the preview does not appear.

The USB port(s) that I’ve used for the scanner are the same ones that I use for two external hard drives. Never any problems using these drives.

Concerning using Epson stand alone software. As I’ve mentioned, I can’t even do a simple copy. A copy is done using Epson software, Photoshop is not involved in that process.

Any other suggestions will be appreciated. Calling Epson support will be my last resort. I hope you understand.

Q
P
Phosphor
Dec 6, 2007
Don’t count VueScan out yet.

Read through the Help files.
LL
Larry_Ligon
Dec 6, 2007
I just had a problem with my Epson CX4800. Go to the Epson site and download the latest software. That fixed my problem.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportIndex.jsp? BV_UseBVCookie=yes&expansion=1000000

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections