Maurice_Mechan
Sep 4, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
WHERE DID MY SCANNER GO!

Hi!

Having just read the boards here I see my problem is by no means unique.. but I’ll go ahead and ask it anyway, in case anyone has come up with a solution..

I just upgraded to Photoshop 7.0 (on my Powermac G4 running OSX version 10.2.8) only to find that it can’t see my scanner anymore (an Epson Perfection 1240U) when I try to access it via File>Import>TWAIN as I prefer to do. This method of working worked fine in Photoshop 6.0 I should point out.

I went to epson.com and downloaded the recommended driver updates, and now I can see the scanner listed in Photoshop under Import but still no dice when I try to start TWAIN that way.

I have the possibility of scanning using the stand-alone scanning software but I REALLY want the option of going through Photoshop!

Anyone know enough to shed some light on this situation?

Thanks in advance 🙂

/Maurice

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Sep 4, 2006
WHERE DID MY SCANNER GO!

I don’t know where did you see it last.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 5, 2006
<< I have the possibility of scanning using the stand-alone scanning software but I REALLY want the option of going through Photoshop! >>

But, in OSX, why??

Scan in stand-alone mode and carry-on working on other images or previous scans in Photoshop — while your scanner is doing its work in the background.

Another reason for NOT scanning from inside Photoshop is that there are known conflicts between Photoshop’s TWAIN plug-in and a number of scanner drivers which will prevent Photoshop from launching anyway.
R
Ram
Sep 5, 2006
I’m surprised Buko and Ann did not pick up on the fact that you are running Jaguar 10.2.8. :/

Maurice, you just HAVE to upgrade your OS. Jaguar (OS 10.2,x) is a terrible OS. It can be considered at best the last of the paid Betas that Apple hoisted on its customers —if you’re kind. Personally, I think it’s garbage.
MM
Maurice_Mechan
Sep 5, 2006
Thanks for the advice guys, guess I’ll try with the stand-alone scanning software for a while and see how it works out for me.. not that I have any options at the moment; I tried the Vuescan software today but it can’t see my Epson Perfection either!!

/Maurice
R
Ram
Sep 6, 2006
Maurice,

Upgrade your OS. You need to get rid of that Jaguar.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections