Epson 3200 scanner with Photoshop & Image Capture (MacOS-10.3)

RF
Posted By
Ronald Florence
Jan 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The Epson 3200 scanner will work reliably with both the Epson and LaserFast plugins for Photoshop and with the native MacOS Image Capture — but only if you delete the startup item for the Epson Scanner Monitor from daemons and programs started at login time. It probably wouldn’t hurt to delete the Scanner Monitor application too. You still have to stop and restart the scanner to switch applications, and make sure the previous application is not running.

It took me a long time to figure this out because the Epson help lines are not helpful and give out the usual PC-style information, such as the advice that I would have to reboot the computer to switch from using the scanner with Image Capture to Photoshop. Whenever a phone technicians tells me I have to reboot a Unix system … I know it is time to look elsewhere for help.

Ronald Florence www.18james.com

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections