TF
Posted By
Tom F
May 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know if there’s a way to disable the automatic color correction? There’s a radio button labeled No Color Correction, but obviously it doesn’t work. With every scan the Gamma and Shadow settings change.

What do the values have to be set on for getting a "raw" image?

Any help appreciated.

Tom.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
br
May 29, 2004
"Tom F" wrote in message
Does anyone know if there’s a way to disable the automatic color
correction?
There’s a radio button labeled No Color Correction, but obviously it
doesn’t work.
With every scan the Gamma and Shadow settings change.

Any help appreciated.

Tom.
http://support2.epson.net/manuals/english/scanner/perfection 12501650/REF_G/CUSTM_2.HTM
D
Don
May 29, 2004
You’ve cross-posted to a lot of groups, which is not good, and not posted to the correct group – also not so good. Try:

comp.periphs.scanners

Don

"Tom F" wrote in message
correction?
doesn’t work.

Any help appreciated.

Tom.

TF
Tom F
May 29, 2004
Thanks for the info. I know the interface by heart, but it did make a few things clear.

"/\BratMan/\" wrote in message |
| "Tom F" wrote in message
| | > Does anyone know if there’s a way to disable the automatic color | correction?
| > There’s a radio button labeled No Color Correction, but obviously it | doesn’t work.
| > With every scan the Gamma and Shadow settings change. | >
| > What do the values have to be set on for getting a "raw" image? | >
| > Any help appreciated.
| >
| > Tom.
| >
| >
| http://support2.epson.net/manuals/english/scanner/perfection 12501650/REF_G/CUSTM_2.HTM |
|
TF
Tom F
May 29, 2004
Hi Don.

The reason I was posting to multiple Photoshop newsgroups is because these are the only ones I’m subscribed to, and since I’m scanning directly into Photoshop, I though it’d be somewhat appropriate.

Rather new to USENET and don’t know the rules.

Sorry 🙂

Thanks for the referral, though.

Tom.

"Don" wrote in message | You’ve cross-posted to a lot of groups, which is not good, and not posted to | the correct group – also not so good. Try:
|
| comp.periphs.scanners
|
| Don
|
|
|
| "Tom F" wrote in message
| | > Does anyone know if there’s a way to disable the automatic color | correction?
| > There’s a radio button labeled No Color Correction, but obviously it | doesn’t work.
| >
| > Tom.
| >
| >
|
|
GJ
Geoff Jackson
May 29, 2004
correction?
doesn’t work.

Any help appreciated.

Tom.

Above the No Color Correction, select Color Controls then make sure that Continuous Auto Exposure is not selected. This will prevent the driver from changing the exposure when you make a new selection. (this is in Epson Twain
5)

Geoff Jackson, Nottingham, UK.

www.gjphoto.f9.co.uk
(Remove the obvious to reply)
TF
Tom F
May 29, 2004
Thanks Geoff, but I forgot to mention something; I’m scanning negative film with the Automatic Thumbnail Preview for Film option on, therefore, Continuous Auto Exposure has no effect on the color.

What I wanted the scanner to do is scan those films as is, so no information from the picture is lost (under/over exposure).

Currently, I’m set on ICM sRGB (no monitor compensation), but when scanning all pictures are underexposed and I manually have to change the exposure. It’s either that, or letting the driver decide. I prefer that 🙂

Thanks again.

"Geoff Jackson" wrote in message | > Does anyone know if there’s a way to disable the automatic color | correction?
| >
| > Tom.
|
| Above the No Color Correction, select Color Controls then make sure that | Continuous Auto Exposure is not selected. This will prevent the driver from | changing the exposure when you make a new selection. (this is in Epson Twain | 5)
|
| —
| Geoff Jackson, Nottingham, UK.
|
| www.gjphoto.f9.co.uk
| (Remove the obvious to reply)
|
|

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections