CM
Posted By
Christoph Muehlhans
Sep 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have tried unsuccessfully to install Photoshop Elements 2.0. I get an error message from the installer:
1008:5,-34 not enough space on the volume
I am using OS X 10.2.8 (german) and there is planty of space on different drives

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Sep 24, 2003
Have you done routine maintenance on your system lately? Since you’re on 10.2.8, I can tell you’ve done an OS update in the last day or so. If you didn’t repair permissions afterwards, I’d suggest you try that first. If that’s up to date, repost and one of our true Mac geniuses will be along shortly! 🙂
P
Phosphor
Sep 24, 2003
Hmm, you might want to check up on the problems from 10.2.8. I’m not aware off the top of my head of anything that could cause this in 10.2.8, but that update has been removed from software update and apple’s website.

I would start by repairing permissions if you haven’t already done so. Also, try copying the installer to your desktop and running it from there.
P
Phosphor
Sep 24, 2003
Gee, it’s beginning to look like this might indeed have something to do with 10.2.8, since on another list I am seeing reports of being unable to create new documents in another program and getting a similar error message since the update. If I hear anything official from Apple, I will post back.
P
Phosphor
Sep 24, 2003
If you want to try ditching 10.2.8, directions are here: <http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/downgrade1028.html>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections