D
Posted By
DotCom
Mar 20, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can I install PSE 4 to both my laptop and desktop or do I have to buy two copies?
Peggy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SM
Steve M
Mar 24, 2006
Peggy,
I’m not an expert in software licensing, but knowing how some software companies feel about licensing I would be very surprised if you were allowed to install the same package on two different computers without having some sort of "site license" or similar blanket/corporate type of arrangement with Adobe. This would obviously be too pricey for a small consumer user like you or myself.

Hope this helps, if not contact Adobe using the number on their website and ask to talk to someone in sales, I’m pretty sure the other departments will end up passing you over to sales for the answer anyway as they will not consider it a technical support issue.

Steve
"DotCom" wrote in message
Can I install PSE 4 to both my laptop and desktop or do I have to buy two copies?
Peggy
R
Richey
Mar 25, 2006
"Steve M" wrote in
news:KrMUf.40647$:

Peggy,
I’m not an expert in software licensing, but knowing how some software companies feel about licensing I would be very surprised if you were allowed to install the same package on two different computers without having some sort of "site license" or similar blanket/corporate type of arrangement with Adobe. This would obviously be too pricey for a small consumer user like you or myself.

Hope this helps, if not contact Adobe using the number on their website and ask to talk to someone in sales, I’m pretty sure the other departments will end up passing you over to sales for the answer anyway as they will not consider it a technical support issue.
Steve
Peggy

I always thought I could install on more than one machine, provided I was only using it on one at any one time. As I don’t have a laptop, it doesn’t really matter, but if I did, I couldn’t be using the software on my home PC while out somewhere with the laptop, so I would only be using the software on one at a time anyway. Maybe that is wrong, so I’ll have to check before I invest in a laptop.
D
DotCom
Mar 26, 2006
You are correct Richey.
I have been shown that according to the EULA, you may install to another computer as long as you are not using both at the same time. Peggy

"Richey" wrote in message
"Steve M" wrote in
news:KrMUf.40647$:

Peggy,

Steve
Peggy

I always thought I could install on more than one machine, provided I was only using it on one at any one time. As I don’t have a laptop, it doesn’t really matter, but if I did, I couldn’t be using the software on my home PC while out somewhere with the laptop, so I would only be using the software on one at a time anyway. Maybe that is wrong, so I’ll have to check before I invest in a laptop.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections