R
Posted By
Ron
Oct 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just recently upgraded from PS 5.5 to PS CS, purchasing the ‘Upgrade Version.’ I expected to have a large amount of the 5.5 deleted, and of course some files might be moved to the CS Folders. In looking at the directories now under ‘Program Files,’ it appears that all of PS 5.5 is still present and occupying 87.6 MB of disk space. Has anyone used the ‘Uninstall’ utility of a prior version of PS after doing an upgrade and not suffered from loss of essential application files? Data files and customization files that PS CS are not an issue. Although I can live with the old files there, it would be nice to reclaim the space for other uses. Ron

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JB
John Bean
Oct 20, 2004
On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:37:16 -0700, Ron wrote:

I just recently upgraded from PS 5.5 to PS CS, purchasing the ‘Upgrade Version.’ I expected to have a large amount of the 5.5 deleted, and of course some files might be moved to the CS Folders. In looking at the directories now under ‘Program Files,’ it appears that all of PS 5.5 is still present and occupying 87.6 MB of disk space. Has anyone used the ‘Uninstall’ utility of a prior version of PS after doing an upgrade and not suffered from loss of essential application files? Data files and customization files that PS CS are not an issue. Although I can live with the old files there, it would be nice to reclaim the space for other uses. Ron

You can remove the old installation, it is not used by CS except at installation. Should you need to re-install CS without your old version being present you will need the 5.5 CD and serial number to allow the CS install to proceed.

John Bean

Cynics regarded everybody as equally corrupt… Idealists regarded everybody as equally corrupt, except themselves (Robert Anton Wilson)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections