CS upgrade vs. full package differences? Shady vendor…

S
Posted By
scottscrivner
Dec 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi folks,
I recently ordered what was described as a full version of photoshop CS, but received a v6 and an upgrade.

This is a questionable practice, but I’m curious to know if there are any differences in the materials provided with the full package vs. the upgrade: manuals, references, flexibility of license and future upgradability, etc…

The vendor told me that Adobe was shipping the product to them as such due to a shortage.

This package is a gift for my wife, who is a professional photographer just turning to digital media. Help!

thanks,
Scott

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PH
Photo_Help
Dec 23, 2003
Scott,

The vendor told me that Adobe was shipping the product to them as such due to a shortage.

They lied.

I am sure Adobe would have shipped 7.0 and a CS upgrade if for some strange reason they were out of CS full.

If you paid more than $350 return it! You should easily be able to find PS 6.0 unregistered and factory sealed for under $200. Then the CS upgrade is only $169.

Are the packages both factory sealed?

No matter what you should report this incident to someone.

Keep in mind that you could even buy an older version and upgrade it just as easily.
RL
Robert_Levine
Dec 23, 2003
Keep in mind that you could even buy an older version and upgrade it just as easily.

Well if it’s earlier than 4.0 you would have to call. 🙂

Bob

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections