Posted By
Dave_M_Reed
Jan 31, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have recently switched to a mac and am slowely replacing all my software. I am thinking that I may only need Elements for the web images I produce. I am used to designing text graphics in Illustrator and then just dragging them into Photoshop on my PC. Will this work on a Mac with Elements? I never got good results designing text graphics in Photoshop, what is the text manipulation liek in Elements?

Any advice would be appreciated…

dave

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NS
Nancy_S
Jan 31, 2004
Dave,

My 2 cents…the text capabilities in an otherwise worthwhile program are virtually worthless except for a very elementary written line or two.
DM
Dave_M_Reed
Jan 31, 2004
Nancy,

Thanks for the fast response. That has been my experiance with Photoshop in general. Have you used Illustrator and Elements together at all?

dave
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 31, 2004
Dave,

No, I don’t have Illustrator, so I have nothing to offer unfortunately, but I am sure some on this forum have and use it. This thread is quite recent, you will probably get quite a bit of input from others though. However, that will probably be more likely in the morning as it is getting towards the bewitching hour for many on the East Coast.

Nancy
RL
Richard_Lynch
Jan 31, 2004
I cover much of this idea of which program is better in my January newsletter, discussing Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, and Elements. The short: Elements is all most people will ever need:

<http://hiddenelements.com/newsletter.html>

About text handling…Elements is pretty rudimentary. However, it may be possible to enhance the controls. What specifically would you be looking to do?

Richard
DM
Dave_M_Reed
Jan 31, 2004
What I need it to do is interact with Illustrator so that I can use Illustrators advanced text controls and then import that text into Photoshop or Elements to convert into image files for the web.

On my old PC, I can set up the text in Illustrator and then just drag it into Photoshop. Will Elements do this on a Mac?

Dave

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections