Posted By
Frank_Mezo
Oct 28, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
I’m Frank and I am new to the forums. My problem is with Vista Ultimate and the printing picture package. When I go to save new picture package templates, Vista gives me a message that I do not have permission to save to that file. If I right click on the Photoshop Icon when I open it and open it as an administrator (which I an listed as an administrator in the users section anyway) it will then allow me to save my picture package templates, but then I lose the ability to drag files into the template or into Photoshop. I am restricted to opening everything from the menu, which is a real time eater. Otherwise everything seems to be smooth with Vista.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Frank

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TF
Terri_Foster
Oct 28, 2008
My problem is with Vista Ultimate and the printing picture package. When I go to save new picture package templates, Vista gives me a message that I do not have permission to save to that file.

It’s caused by UAC (User Account Control). If you turn UAC off, the permission error goes away.

HTH,
Terri
FM
Frank_Mezo
Oct 29, 2008
Thank you Terri, Got to love Microsoft for giving us our daily dose of aggravation.

Thanks
Frank
TF
Terri_Foster
Oct 29, 2008
Yeah, UAC is plain ugly. I tried using it for a while…

Here’s another thing to watch out for:

If Google Desktop is running, I’ve found it will steal any Photoshop commands that match it’s command set. Example…control, alt, G opens the Google Desktop address bar if it is running instead of creating a clipping mask in Photoshop CS3.
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 29, 2008
Why would anyone want Google Desktop?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections