WOW! Elements users can now get a full version of PS CS for $299 direct from Adobe

DM
Posted By
dave_milbut
Aug 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just got this in the mail! I didn’t see a restriction on it so figured it was ok to post. If Adobe has a problem with this, please delete, otherwise, GET GOING ELEMENTS USERS! WHO KNOWS HOW LONG THIS’LL LAST!!! (ok, per below, it’s good to 9/5/04!) WOTTA DEAL!

Order Photoshop CS online and enter coupon code 8fa4b7d
Or call 1-800-492-3623 with your Photoshop Elements serial number and offer code 168803

* The $299USD price offer is available only to Photoshop Elements 1.0 or 2.0 owners who purchase the full version Photoshop CS directly from Adobe. This price is only redeemable with your unique coupon code used on Adobe.com or a validated serial number and offer code when you call Adobe customer service. Offer begins 8/9/2004 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PDT 9/5/04. Offer is not valid to owners of Photoshop Album, the Photoshop Album Elements Bundle, Limited Edition nor PhotoDeluxe. Offer is not valid to upgrades, education nor licensing customers. Offer subject to change without notice. Applicable local sales taxes may apply. Prices are in U.S. dollars. All prices are available from the Adobe store and are valid in the U.S. and Canada only. Shipping charges are not included.

Adobe, the Adobe logo and Photoshop are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated, in the United States and/or other countries. © 2004 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JM
John_McLean
Aug 18, 2004
I just plugged that coupon code into the Adobe Store order for CS and it indicates that product is not available with that code. I think this may be a mail offer and the code is tied to the user who received it. I have not received any Adobe offers in some time and I have been using Elements since they released Version 1. I even ordered pre- release Version 2 directly from Adobe.

Anyway…sounds like a good deal to get into the PS chain of updates at a reasonable price.

Jack

wrote in message
Just got this in the mail! I didn’t see a restriction on it so figured it was ok to post. If Adobe has a problem with this, please delete, otherwise, GET GOING ELEMENTS USERS! WHO KNOWS HOW LONG THIS’LL LAST!!! (ok, per below, it’s good to 9/5/04!) WOTTA DEAL!

Order Photoshop CS online and enter coupon code 8fa4b7d
Or call 1-800-492-3623 with your Photoshop Elements serial number and offer code 168803

* The $299USD price offer is available only to Photoshop Elements 1.0 or
2.0 owners who purchase the full version Photoshop CS directly from Adobe.
This price is only redeemable with your unique coupon code used on Adobe.com or a validated serial number and offer code when you call Adobe customer service. Offer begins 8/9/2004 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PDT 9/5/04. Offer is not valid to owners of Photoshop Album, the Photoshop Album Elements Bundle, Limited Edition nor PhotoDeluxe. Offer is not valid to upgrades, education nor licensing customers. Offer subject to change without notice. Applicable local sales taxes may apply. Prices are in U.S. dollars. All prices are available from the Adobe store and are valid in the U.S. and Canada only. Shipping charges are not included.
Adobe, the Adobe logo and Photoshop are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated, in the United States and/or other countries. © 2004 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
JM
John_McLean
Aug 18, 2004
Sorry for failing to cut the original before responding…used to email and cable…:-)

Jack
<
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 18, 2004
try the phone #.
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 18, 2004
note that one code is for online purchase and one is for the phone. are you sure you entered the right one?
BB
brent_bertram
Aug 18, 2004
There are other Pshop bargains out there, some Canon products and Wacom pads, that the bundled Elements upgrades to CS for $299 . Anyone Even the $99 Wacom tablet qualifies, so , for about $400, you get the table, Elements2 and CS . Not a bad way to spend $400. These promos run into 2005 .

🙂

Brent
SB
Stu_Bloom
Aug 18, 2004
Here’s my take on it.

There is a new version of Photoshop Elements imminent; search Amazon.com for "Photoshop Elements X" and look at the publication dates, and you’ll see one as early as September 8. The upgrade price is likely to be very low (since the price of full PSE is very low). This PSCS offer expires September 5. IMO, Adobe wants to get $299 from as many potential PSE upgraders as possible before it starts waving a much lower cost upgrade path in front of their faces.
RH
r_harvey
Aug 18, 2004
By that logic (which I’m not disputing), if the $400 Wacom promo ends in 2005, there should be a new Photoshop a few months later.
BB
brent_bertram
Aug 18, 2004
Stu,
I suspect you’re about 90% right . In the past, there was no upgrade from Elements 1 to Elements 2, only the full price . It’s so inexpensive , that perhaps the same thing will hold true this time, but I think your scenario is basically RIGHT ON !

🙂

Brent
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 18, 2004
Good marketing, if that’s the case.
RH
r_harvey
Aug 18, 2004
In the past, there was no upgrade from Elements 1 to Elements 2, only the full price

For a time, there was a $299 upgrade from Photoshop LE 5 to the full Photoshop, so there is a precedence.
L
LenHewitt
Aug 18, 2004
Dave,

This price is only redeemable with your ="red" size="+2">unique coupon
code <<

My emphasis.
HP
Helen_Polson
Aug 18, 2004
and are valid in the U.S. and Canada only.

Awwww 🙁 I’d love to upgrade my home version of Elements 2 to Photoshop without breaking the bank.
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 18, 2004
yes larry, but is it your (the user) unique coupon code? or your (the Elements users) unique code. i believe someone in the elements forum got the mail and is going to compare the codes. if they match we have the answer! 🙂
DN
DS_Nelson
Aug 18, 2004
I received this offer yesterday, and my coupon code is not even close to the one posted here.
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 18, 2004
both codes dan?
DN
DS_Nelson
Aug 18, 2004
Yup, both of them are different. Only similarity is that the coupon code is hex and offer code is dec.
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 18, 2004
hmm… then i guess a mod can scuttle this thread. or at least lock it down with a note that the codes are unique so the elements people coming here won’t get confused.

can you remove the codes from the original post too?

sorry guys, i tried. 🙁

thanks, dave
DN
DS_Nelson
Aug 18, 2004
I remember seeing a similar offer discussed in the Elements forum a while back, but I’d never received one until yesterday. Maybe they just randomly select a block of registered users several times a year and tie the offer to those users.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections