NM
Posted By
Not Me
Dec 11, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is it safe to delete old versions of Photoshop, if you’ve upgraded. I would like to clear some hard drive space and don’t use the old versions anymore. Will this affect the upgrade version I’m using now?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Bill Hilton
Dec 11, 2005
Is it safe to delete old versions of Photoshop, if you’ve upgraded

Yes, you can uninstall old versions without problems.

Will this affect the upgrade version I’m using now?

Just make sure you’ve copied over any old actions or filters or plug-ins so you don’t wipe them out by mistake …
PH
Peter Heckert
Dec 11, 2005
Not Me wrote:
Is it safe to delete old versions of Photoshop, if you’ve upgraded. I would like to clear some hard drive space and don’t use the old versions anymore. Will this affect the upgrade version I’m using now?
It is safe, as long as you theoretically could reinstall it. You should have the original registration card or manual with serial nr and the CD for the preversion.

You need this as legal proof of ownership and for reinstall.

If CS2 cannot find an upgradable preversion of photoshop on Harddisk, it will ask you to insert the CD. It will not be installed, only scanned. At least this is my experience.

regards,

Peter

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections