MT
Posted By
mark_tanaka
Feb 17, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just built a new computer and I am trying to install Photoshop CS using my Photoshop CS upgrade disk. However, my Photoshop 5.0 disk is long gone and I don’t have a previous installation of it on my new hard drives.. I called Adobe support and they won’t help me because they say CS is unsupported now. Is there a way to install CS?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CY
curt_young
Feb 17, 2009
What OS did you use? Not sure that PS5 would run on Vista.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 17, 2009
he’s trying to run cs curt, not 5. 5 is the full version he upgraded from.

I called Adobe support and they won’t help me because they say CS is unsupported now. Is there a way to install CS?

you don’t need "support" you need a code to be able to install the program you bought and paid for.

you need an activation code from adobe. as long as you registered both versions you should be ok. call back and speak to a representative who’s not a moron. escalate it if you have to.

however, if you DIDN’T register you programs, you’re out of luck. in that case adobe would have no way to confirm what you’ve purchased with them.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Feb 17, 2009
a representative who’s not a moron

We might have to get that specimina stuffed. 🙂

Rob
MT
mark_tanaka
Feb 17, 2009
Well you’re right. I did speak to a moron. She wasn’t even familiar with the screen which asked for the previous version. She told me she was not technical and there were no techs there and nobody will help me because CS is an unsupported version.

I asked for her manager, but she refused. I am fairly sure Adobe offshores their support as well, because I have extreme difficulty understanding her severely broken English.

Anyways, I opened a new issue through email to bypass the support reps. All my versions of Photoshop are registered, so hopefully, I will get a suitable answer. Thanks
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 17, 2009
I would just call back. there must be more than 1 rep working. if you do get the same rep, hang up and try again! 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections