Posted By
Schraven Robert
Aug 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Andrew,

Would you say that with your 35 mm film camera you produce a better quality image than with a digital camera?
I am particularly interested in your views on sharpness.

Robert

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 13, 2003
Andrew, re the contact sheet: the dimensions in the dialog box are a bit deceiving, I’ve discovered. It might tell you it’s going to be square, but what prints is actually in the aspect ratio of the original, i.e., if it says it’s going to print 4 images, 3.5 inches by 3.5 inches each, it really gives you 4 images with the long side 3.5 inches and the short side whatever results from the image’s aspect ratio. If that size would work for you, I suggest trying the contact sheet with a small folder created for that purpose. Print out a page from it and see if you the size of the resulting images meet your needs. Make sure you use a resolution of 200 ppi or more for best results.

Chuck
CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 13, 2003
Andrew, re the ‘warmth’ of a digital image: it would seem that one could achieve that with a digital if the parameters that constitute warmth can be identified and adjusted within Elements.

Chuck

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections