X
Posted By
xtx99
Feb 10, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I rescale (without resampling) and create a .TIF file, the rescale is maintained (for instance 4"x6") when I use PS to print the photo. However, when I rescale and create a .JPG, the rescale is not maintained (for example it’s 36"x24"!!!!!!) and I have to place a check in PS to "Scale to Fit Media" when printing. Why does this occur and is there a default setting in PS that somehow got changed? (I realize that just resizing the photo without resampling doesn’t change the photo data…just changes the size & increases the resolution (in my cases I normally print on 4"x6"). Thanks in advance for the answer to my question.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Feb 10, 2006
wrote in message
When I rescale (without resampling) and create a .TIF file, the rescale is maintained (for instance 4"x6") when I use PS to print the photo. However, when I rescale and create a .JPG, the rescale is not maintained (for example it’s 36"x24"!!!!!!) and I have to place a check in PS to "Scale to Fit Media" when printing. Why does this occur and is there a default setting in PS that somehow got changed? (I realize that just resizing the photo without resampling doesn’t change the photo data…just changes the size & increases the resolution (in my cases I normally print on 4"x6"). Thanks in advance for the answer to my question.
Have you tried using the crop tool set to 4ins by 6 ins(options bar if not a crop tool preset) with a resolution of around 300?

MH

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections