Posted By
Chris1234
Mar 12, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I was told to post here instead of the scripting forums.

I am upgrading from cs2 to cs4 and I noticed the Layer window is 65px wider in cs4. I norrowed the change to the "Blending Modes’ dropdown box. See screen shot. <http://www.inspiredvisuals.com/test/tabwidth.jpg>

Is there anyway to to resize the window further or change the blending modes drop down box to a smaller width like it was in cs2?

I know this sounds picky but every pixel available to workspace is important. I might be willing to pay if someone can help me out with this.

Theres definitely a way to do this… but it might require modification of some of the core files of photoshop?

possible solutions?

– scripting
– create a custom layer tab with scripting
– modifying core files to either allow the tabs to be shrinked down further much like you can in After effects(part of the box just becomes invisible if it’s too small.) or change the actual width of the "blending modes" drop down box.

Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M
Mylenium
Mar 12, 2009
I don’t think that is in any way possible. These extra "whitespaces" are coded in the OWL libraries themselves as far as I know to ensure a maximum of consistence in the UI look across apps…

Mylenium
C
Chris1234
Mar 13, 2009
Yea that makes sense. Is there any way of hacking the OWL library or making a brand new tab with the same features of the current layer tab but with a reduced width?

I have used cs2 for years and its taking some time getting used to the reduced screen space. I could shrink them down into those small icons… but I prefer having everything visible.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections