Posted By
ice
Jun 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there

I have a load of images that I want to add a ‘frame’ to.

First I want to make the image a max of 850 wide or 550 high, so that the image does not go over these sizes. As some are cropped or rotated, It is not always a simple matter of just going, this is a landsape format, so set the width to 850, as the hight in some cases goes to 560 or similer. What is the best way of automating this (at the moment I am typing in my numbers in the image resize dialog box and seeing that the constrained sized of the other dimension does not go over the maximum)

Then I want to add a 1 px white border, a 5 px black border and then a 30px black border border to the bottom. The problem is that the canvas sixe method I am using does not seem to have the option go go ‘make this pic 2 px bigger’ I have to look at the current image size and add the numbers up and type them in.

I am guessing that I have missed some cool action setups to get this kind of generic usefulness like the (canvas size = current size + 2, centered), and would really appreciate some pointers on how to do this.

I am using PS CS 2 on Wind XP sp 2

Thank you for your help

Ice

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections