SR
Posted By
Schraven Robert
Aug 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
With in PE there is a filter with which you can add shadows of all sorts but these always come from the same direction.
The shadows are always bottom left side of the image and the length doesn’t vary. Is it possible to change the settings to have the shadow positioned at for instance the right side of an image and with a varying length?

Robert

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Aug 10, 2003
Robert,

I don’t have a filter which adds shadows, but I DO have the Drop Shadows in Layer Styles. (I’m using PE2, so don’t know if the earlier version does the same thing with a filter, instead)

After a Drop Shadow Layer Style has been applied, it can be manipulated by double-clicking on the "Italic F" symbol which appears on that layer in the Layers pallette. (this symbol appears on the layer whenever any layer style is applied) You can modify the distance between the object and the shadow, as well as the lighting angle.

I don’t know how the shadow filter works, but if you use the Layer Style, the above adjustments will do what you wish.

Byron
SR
Schraven Robert
Aug 10, 2003
Byron,

I meant the Drop Shadows in layer styles.
Thank you for your explanation. I will try it immediately.

Robert
SR
Schraven Robert
Aug 10, 2003
I just tried the shadows thing and it is truly impressive.

Thank you for advice.

Robert
KL
Kenneth Liffmann
Aug 10, 2003
Jodi,
This tip is fantastic. Previously I had never been able to control the placement of the shadow so precisely. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Ken
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 10, 2003
I try to help when i can. I don’t know too much about fixing photos but I push the graphic limits in Photoshop on a daily basis. Actually, there doesn’t appear to be any limits.
BC
bon.cornwall
Aug 10, 2003
This program is psychic. Whenever I’m stuck I check in and find something. Shadows today. Jodi, I’ve learnt so much from you. Thank you many times!
Bonnie L.
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 10, 2003
wow, I feel honored 😉

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections