Posted By
Steven_Blagoue
Dec 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi.

Very new to Photoshop Elements 2.0. I have a web page with a black background. I’ve used the built in effects to create a mask for some photos I’d like to post, but the edges of the mask always come out white. How can I change the color of the mask so it looks right on a black background? Also, is there a way to change the color of the drop shadow (to a gray or something else that shows up against a black background)? Thanks for your patience.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 5, 2003
Steve, to be rid of the white halo around your image try the ‘matte’ option in the save for web screen options and change the color to your webpage background which is black. To change the color of the shadow in Elements the layer must be rasterized first. First thing before you do this is control click the layer in the layers palette (hold down ctrl key and click on layer…this will give you marching ants around your image ) then rasterize ( simplify) then select inverse and go to toolbar>layer>new fill layer ( choose color or gradient )and check ‘group with previous’. Pick your new color and play with the blend modes. Sometimes ‘overlay’ works better depending on the background while other times ‘ color’ gives a better effect. If your layer has already been rasterized and flattened then you can choose to start over 😉 or paint the shadow in manually with painbrush in color mode over the exsisting shadow. There are other ways…always….the more you play the more you’ll learn.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections