JT
Posted By
John_Taylor
Jan 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi guys. I am using PS 6.01. I have set a nice bevel and drop shadow layer style on a drawing. Now I find if I change the canvas size in any way (crop, select & crop or canvas size – larger or smaller) the settings for the styles change, giving me a completely different look.

Is this a feature? How do I turn it off so my settings stay the same no matter what the size of the canvas? The image is small: set to print at 1 inch high but at 600 pixels/inch.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AC
Aaron_Cramer
Jul 9, 2004
it is because your style settings don’t change when the canvas size. Photoshop CS allows you to scale effects when you scale your image, but i don’t think your version of PS does. so what you have to do, is change the size of your document to what you want it to be, then check your percentage (it will tell you under Image size when you are resizing, enter your new size, then click "percent" and it will show you what percent it is going to be) then after you resize, click each layer that has effects, and go to layer>layer style>scale effects, and enter the percentage.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections