GP
Posted By
Gwen Peterson
Jul 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Each time I reboot my Mac, I have to de-install and re-install the driver for my CanoScan 9900. Otherwise, I can perform the scan but when I close the scanner window to use the image in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, the Adobe software crashes. I have the most current driver from Canon.
Any help would be appreciated!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Jul 29, 2003
Gwen,

Try repairing permissions and see it that stops your problem. Wrong permissions I have found does some very strange things. Let us know if this fixes it.

Regards,

Gerry
GP
Gwen Peterson
Jul 31, 2003
Thanks, Gerry; I’ve tried this in the past with no change in the result. Never a bad suggestion, though —
Gwen
P
Phosphor
Jul 31, 2003
Gwen,

Are you using Mac OS 10.2.6? Do you have any hard drive utilities, such as DiskWarrior 3? You can run Disk First Aid and check for any damage on your hard drive, but you can not do that from the boot hard drive. You would need to boot off of the OS X Install CD in order to run Disk First Aid.

Also, you can run a disk repair under the UNIX underpinnings, but I don’t want to confuse you now.

Post back and let us know what you have in the way of hard drive utilities.

Gerry

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections